Here is a partial list of presenters:
- Dr. Greg Forbes (The Weather Channel)
- Tim Marshall, world expert on engineering buildings to minimize storm damage as well as an expert storm chaser
- Roger Edwards, forecaster, National Storm Prediction Center
- Dr. Jason Persoff, the storm chasing physician (really!) and photographer
- Jon Davies and his excellent storm forecasting class
I will be delivering the keynote speech Saturday evening (9th) as well as moderating a panel of storm chasers/law enforcement/emergency management on how to make chasing safer as well as more useful to society. Reed Timmer of AccuWeather, formerly of the Discovery Channel's Storm Chasers will be a participant.
There will also be tours of AccuWeather's Extreme Weather Center in Wichita during the event.
|Wichita Eagle photo|
- Exploration Place. My granddaughters visited ten days ago and loved it. The best part? "Flying the plane."
- The amazing Toy Train Museum (yes, you can play with the trains!).
- Museum of World Treasures.
- Weather-permitting, the Sedgwick County Zoo. It has won many awards. It is just amazing for a city of our size (it is northwest of downtown).
Wichita has a new, modern airport and is served by most major airlines.
|Photo of Eisenhower National Airport by Wichita Business Journal|
If you are interested in weather or storms: come, learn, and have a great family experience.