The Death Toll in North Carolina is Now 11
In South Carolina One Has Died
Here is the output of several reliable computer models that I have been weighing and considering along with other data during the last hour. They show the already record flooding is going to continue to worsen. Both I-95 and I-40 are closed with more roads closing by the hour.
Here is the amount of rain that has fallen up until 5pm EDT. The area of 20 inches or more is huge.
|click to enlarge|
Forecast of Additional Rainfall
This is a very high-resolution model that forecasts the rainfall from 2pm today to 8am Sunday.
Here is a little longer range forecast from 2pm EDT today through 2am Tuesday morning.
As the storm moves west the Appalachians come into focus.
What now? Absolutely, positively do the following:
- Put together a "go kit" with passports, current utility bill (to establish residence), birth certificates, family heirlooms and other vital and difficult to replace material.
- Keep your car filled with gas.
- If you are in a flash flood warning, climb first.
- Turn around, don't drown. Scroll down to see what it looks like to nearly die in flash flooding.
- If you live in a known flood-prone area, evacuate now.