Photo of Ice Storm at Norman, Okla. from Jed Castles via Twitter
Warnings now in effect:
- Dark red counties are flash flood warnings. Do not drive into flooded areas by foot or by car.
- Light greens are flood warnings for rivers and streams.
- Hunter green are areas under a flash flood watch.
- Deep purple are ice storm warnings that now include Detroit and parts of New England
- Light purples are freezing rain advisories for travelers due to slick roads
- Pink counties are winter storm warnings, primarily for heavy snow
- Blue is travelers advisories for snow (lesser condition than a warning).
Here are the AccuWeather forecasts for snow accumulation this weekend:
Here are safety tips for ice storms and blizzards.
The AccuWeather Regional Radar at 8:45am. The precipitation near Amarillo will turn into the major snow storm this afternoon.
The area of southeast Texas and Louisiana is already being monitored for a tornado watch.
I will not be live-blogging the storms but I will update several times today. AccuWeather is live blogging the storms here.