Tuesday, June 18, 2013

What a Thunderstorm Looks Like From Above

From @Earth_Pics on Twitter. This is a thunderstorm from above and to the slide. The large, flat area is called the "anvil." The disturbed area in the right center of the anvil is where the updraft terminates.

No comments:

Post a Comment