- DFW International
- Dallas Love
- Los Angeles
And, this is just the beginning. Strong thunderstorms are forecast to begin after noon Central / 1pm Eastern in the yellow and orange areas.
This means that Washington, Baltimore, the Washington, Albany and Richmond airports will get into the act and that Raleigh and Charlotte may, also. Atlanta may have a non-severe thunderstorm.
You might think, "But, I am flying to Minneapolis, which isn't on your list." True. But, with planes going back and forth to hubs the problems quickly spread. So, here is what I suggest:
- If there is an earlier flight, take it. Earlier is better when thunderstorms threaten.
- Patience, patience, patience.
- Buy snacks and water but no so much you'll get stuffed. With thunderstorms comes turbulence.
- The information on the airline's web sites are often better than what the employees can tell you at the airport.
- Finally, they won't do much for you because this is due to "weather." If it looks really bad, get a hotel room on your dime. Rebook from your room. Some of the airlines have a "we'll call you back" feature. Use it.