Some recommended safety procedures:
- Make sure your shelter is ready to go. Have a flashlight already in your shelter area.
- Bring an infirm friend or neighbor to your home by 2pm or so if they would have trouble getting to shelter on their own.
- Put heirlooms in the shelter area now.
- If a warning is issued, take your cell phone and wear sturdy shoes in case you are to walk out through debris.
- Have at least two ways (TV and the AccuWeather app, for example) of getting the warning.
This is a situation for preparation but not for worry! Just keep up on the weather this afternoon and into tonight.