Later Today and Tonight
The significant tornado risk (5%, brown) is relatively small. It does include the Twin Cities.
Monday and Monday Night
This map combined the probabilities of the various severe weather threats (tornado, damaging thunderstorm winds and large hail) and it shows a high risk in the Midwest and Ohio Valleys.
If you live in these areas, I recommend the following:
- Have at least two sources of receive storm warnings.
- Make sure your dependents and friends are aware of the threat.
- Start monitoring the weather if you notice the sky begin to darken.
- Have fresh batteries for a flashlight, weather radio, etc.
- Keep your cell phone and computer charged but unplug them before the storm arrives.
- Put your car in the garage and bring in anything can be blown about.
I will not be live-blogging the storms but will update periodically.