So, now I recommend taking preliminary tornado and severe storm precautions which are:
- Make sure you have at least two sources for receiving warnings. If one includes a NOAA Weather Radio, make sure the batteries are fresh and that it is turned on.
- If you need a second source, the AccuWeather smartphone app will provide warnings for your area. But, if you decide you want to use it, download it now (before any storms form) and set it up.
- Have your computer and cell phone fully charged.
- Put your car in the garage and bring in trampolines and other outdoor furniture.
- Make sure your shelter area is ready to go with a flashlight and take your warning source into the shelter with you.
- Wear shoes into the shelter. In the unlikely event you are hit, you don't want to be walking through glass and nails in bare feet or socks.
While I will not be live-blogging the storms, I'll update at least once this afternoon and once this evening.