Here are some flash flood safety suggestions:
Remember: If you encounter flooding, turn around, don't drown.
What to do?
- Prepare a "go kit." Put needed and easily transportable items in your car or near your car where you can grab it and move quickly.
- If you have to evacuate, turn off the main power and water. Locate them now if you are not sure where they are located.
- Keep your automobile fully fueled.
- Get extra cash.
- Make sure your prescriptions are refilled.
- Know your destination and make sure your path is not flooded.
- Keep your smartphone charged.
I urge you to take this seriously. Areas will flood that have never flooded before. Please make sure vulnerable friends and relatives know of the risk. Prepare accordingly.