Here is the Storm Prediction Center's tornado forecast valid until 7am.
I have one area of disagreement and that is in southeast Kansas. I would have pulled the 5% area farther north. Below is my (additional) tornado forecast valid until 8am Tuesday.
Below are safety suggestions:
- Because of the higher than average overnight tornado risk, I strongly recommend downloading both the AccuWeather app (scroll down to bottom of page). Be sure to allow location services.
- Making sure you have turned the emergency notification feature (ENF) your smartphone. Easy instructions are at the red link.
- If you are in the threat area, put your (fully charged!) smartphone with the AW App and the ENF turned on next to your bed! Turn on your weather radio. You want to be awakened if a tornado warning is issued.
- Insure your PC and phone are fully charged but take them off the charger before lightning arrives.
- Have a flash light (check the batteries), a couple bottles of water and diapers in your shelter area. Take your cell phone into shelter with you.
- Always wear shoes into your shelter.