While it is not a time to worry, right now is a time to prepare.
There is a chance of strong, fast-moving tornadoes in this area plus a lesser, but still significant, chance of a tornado or two in the brown area.
What do you do now?
- Turn your television on to a trusted meteorologist and leave it there. Don't channel-hop. That might cause you to miss essential information.
- Turn on your NOAA Weather Radio.
- Make sure you have a smartphone app like AccuWeather's that senses your GPS location and provides tornado warning for your specific location.
- Clear out your shelter or other safe space.
- Make sure you are wearing shoes and have a way to protect your head.
- Now, put your car in the garage along with any items that can be blown about.
- Make sure friends and family are aware of the threat.
Note: while weather is no longer the primary thrust of this blog, I do want to cover these early-season major risk situations.