With the storm forecasted for tomorrow, detailed warnings began yesterday; two full days in advance, allowing people to,
- Prepare for power failures.
- Airlines can re-route flights.
- People can travel plans.
- Businesses can adjust logistics operations.
- Make sure homes are adequately stocked in case people are stuck in their homes for days due to the blizzard.
- Departments of Transportation can gear up to close and clear roads like I-25-, I-70, I-76, and I-80.
If people heed the warnings, there will be far fewer deaths and disruptions, when compared to the 1973 storm, in spite of a higher total population.
|Proactively Cancelling Game Saving Considerable Inconvenience|
And Unnecessary Travel
This progress isn't accidental. It is the result of hard, and even heroic, work by dedicated meteorologists. Warnings: The True Story of How Science Tamed the Weather is the never-
|New Ratings at Goodreads.com from this month|
before-told story of how thousands of lives have been saved from tornadoes, hurricanes and from storms unique to commercial aviation. The brand new ratings (above) from Goodreads attest to the exciting nature of the (all true) story, which is told in the style of a novel.
So, if you are looking for a great book for spring break or just for some great reading, please take a look at the green link (above).