At the time of this posting, the following weather-related delays are imposed on flights arriving at these airports:
- Boston: one hour, 22 minutes
- Newark: one hour, 21 minutes
- LaGuardia: 24 minutes
The NWS SPC forecasts storms to cause large hail and gusts to 70 mph in the yellow-tinted counties.
[if you are on the ground, pay attention to the weather in these areas]
So, if you are scheduled to fly to Boston, Albany, Hartford, Providence, or the NYC airports, I suggest the following:
- If you get to the airport and find there is an earlier flight, go to the gate and volunteer to take it. Earlier is better in this situation.
- Purchase a water bottle and light food if you want it. These are the situations where your flight could leave the gate and then sit on the tarmac for an hour or two.
- However, don't plan on eating anything really heavy. The thunderstorms could generate turbulence that might make you uncomfortable with a full tummy of spicy food.
- Keep that seatbelt on -- again, turbulence.