There is a significant risk of tornadoes and severe thunderstorms in San Antonio and Dallas-Ft Worth.
If you live in the red and yellow areas, here are my suggestions:
- Make sure you have at least two, independent, sources for tornado warnings. I recommend the AccuWeather smartphone app and WeatherCall. They will give you the warnings for your home (or other selected location) with a few false alarms as possible. The red link will get you a free test for tomorrow.
- Have a system for your children and infirm friends and relatives to get the warning quickly and get to shelter in seconds.
- If infirm people need help getting sheltered, go pick them up before thunderstorms approach. Do NOT try to get to them after a tornado warning is issued.
- Make sure your phone and laptop are fully charged.
- Won't hurt to make sure you have some extra cast and a full fuel tank for your car.
- Make sure your generator is full of fuel and working properly.
Reminder: I provide real-time storm information -- based on good science and without hype -- on Twitter @usweatherexpert .