The region is mostly between rain systems right now. Here is the AccuWeather regional radar:
Here is the forecast for now until Monday evening:
This weather situation will cause catastrophic flooding parts of the Carolinas and serious flooding in more localized areas of Virginia and northeast Georgia.
I urge you to monitor your AccuWeather forecast along with local storm warnings.
Here are flood preparation ideas:
If you live:
- In a flood prone area or near a small stream
- If you live in a 100 year flood plain
- Or, if you live near a major river in the area where more than six inches are forecast
please think about the following preparations:
- Plenty of extra cash.
- A full tank of fuel for your vehicle.
- Freshly refilled prescriptions.
- Valuables gathered together so they can be quickly put into the trunk so you can leave quickly.
- A place to go: A relative's home on high ground, a motel, a public shelter, etc. If you go to a hotel, have a reservation. You may wish to consider an "extended stay" type of hotel.
- Be prepared to put valuable items you cannot take with you on top of tables, on the second floor, or in the attic to hopefully protect them from floodwaters.
- If you evacuate, turn off the gas, water and electricity.