Here is the forecast additional rainfall for the next three days.
This is a major flood situation and people in or near these areas should be prepared for flooding..please note that Louisiana is now at risk.
Here are some flood preparation recommendations:
- Plenty of extra cash.
- A full tank of fuel for your vehicle.
- Freshly refilled prescriptions.
- Valuables gathered together so they can be quickly put into the trunk so you can leave quickly if rising waters force you to do so.
- A place to go: A relative's home on high ground, a motel, a public shelter, etc. If you go to a hotel, have a reservation. You may wish to consider an "extended stay" type of hotel.
- Be prepared to put valuable items you cannot take with you on top of tables, on the second floor, or in the attic to hopefully protect them from floodwaters.
- If you evacuate, turn off the gas, water and electricity.
- You may need extra water even if you do not evacuate. You may recall that a number of cities' water systems failed in the recent South Carolina floods. A case of bottled water is a good idea.
- Keep your computer and cell phone completely charged in case your power fails.
- Text messages often work when primary cell service is down.