The flood threat (scroll down and look at postings since noon today) has, if anything, increased based on the data that has come in since I wrote those postings. There is the potential for catastrophic flooding in the Middle Atlantic region.
I will be updating the blog tomorrow with later forecasts and analysis. Please suggest it to your friends who live in the Middle Atlantic and Northeast regions of the country.
Here are some preliminary preparation ideas:
- Plenty of extra cash.
- A full tank of fuel for your vehicle.
- Freshly refilled prescriptions.
- Valuables gathered together so they can be quickly put into the trunk so you can leave quickly.
- A place to go: A relative's home on high ground, a motel, a public shelter, etc.
- Be prepared to put valuable items you cannot take with you on top of tables, on the second floor, or in the attic to hopefully protect them from floodwaters.
- If you evacuate, turn off the gas, water and electricity.