Above, I have outlined the area that appears to be at risk of tornadoes, large hail and/or damaging thunderstorm winds. There are ongoing thunderstorms in the area (see below) so timing is a bit tricky but I believe the first warnings will be along and to the west of the brown line. The storms will then move east northeast and east.
The purple area -- including much of the Metroplex -- seems to be at enhanced risk for strong storms.
Radar at 1:03pm CDT shows areas of storms in northwest Texas and southern Oklahoma. The green counties are flash flood warnings currently in effect.
- No need to worry. Just monitor the weather when thunderstorms approach.
- Make sure you can get your children or other dependents to shelter on relatively short notice.
- Put your car in the garage.
- Put items like trampolines and lawn furniture that can blow away in high winds inside.
- Make sure your flashlight and radio have fresh batteries.
I will provide additional updates later this afternoon.