This is a dangerous storm. Please inform yourself and act accordingly.
As explained yesterday, there are two parts of this storm. The first is starting to play out over the Midwest and will produce amounts approximately (±2") as indicated.
The snow accumulation from the second part of the storm, the blizzard, is below.
Three important points:
- Power failures are possible.
- You could be snowed in for a considerable time.
- You want nothing to do with this storm if you are traveling by air. Waivers have been issued, please see my Airline Crisis Survival Guide (written in the wake of a similar blizzard) for excellent advice how to handle this situation.
So, what should you do if you live in this region?
- Do not travel in this storm by any mode. The chance of getting stuck are high.
- Make sure you have an adequate supply of medicines.
- Fill your car's tank.
- Go to the ATM and insure you have extra cash.
Scroll down to see AccuWeather's forecast timing of the blizzard.