- Cosmopolitan Las Vegas. We stayed there for a short vacation in 2012 and were pleased. Last week, they had really stepped up their game. Excellent customer service and good value for the money.
- Grand Hyatt Kauai. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Excellent customer service. Prices high in Kauai, but worth it. One thing of which to be aware: It is sprawling resort. So, if you have an issue with walking, double check whether it would be right for you.
- Kauai. The most beautiful of the Hawaiian Islands. We love it. However, if you are looking for nightlife and "action," you would probably prefer Oahu (Honolulu) or Maui.
As always, I read a number of books.
- Top of the Morning which is the story of the network morning news programs. If you like an inside story of how networks (dis)function and some of the people behind the scenes, this will be a book you will enjoy. 4-stars.
- Mary and Lou and Ted and Rhoda the story of the great "Mary Tyler Moore Show." Really enjoyed this one except for a number of completely unnecessary political comments that had nothing to do with the story being told. 4.5-stars.
- The Astronaut Wives Club. I've always been fascinated by the space race. The Right Stuff is probably my single favorite book. TAWC is the story of the wives behind the scenes. I found both the story and writing compelling. Excellent, 5-stars.